Volunteering with Opera North
Opera North continues to thrive thanks to the dedication of our volunteers. Volunteers contribute in all aspects of our operation in so many ways – helping in the office, altering costumes, moving props and sets, running errands, setting up for special events, and so much more. Get involved with Opera North by volunteering your time and talents!
We are looking for volunteers in the following areas:
We need your help before, during, and after our special events, which include concerts, our annual Gala, pre-show VIP Tents and other events.
- As a Hospitality Volunteer, you might assist with set up and decoration of the venue before the event, serving food and beverages during the event, and clean up and break down after the event.
- If you are friendly and outgoing, and enjoy working with people to provide exceptional customer service, this is the area for you.
- Most shifts are the day of the event and require a commitment of 4 – 5 hours.
With a small staff, we are always looking for an extra hand in the office.
- As an Office Volunteer, you could help with filing, data entry, and preparing mailings, collating press clippings, researching, and other administrative tasks to help our office run smoothly. We also need to organize and inventory items in our office or in storage from time to time.
- If you are organized and detail-oriented, you would be a great fit in the ON office. It helps if you are computer-literate (Word, Excel) and we’d love to hear if you have any special skills (software or other).
- Shifts of varying lengths can be scheduled Monday through Friday, between 9 am and 4 pm on a one-time or recurring basis.
We work hard to get the word out about Opera North productions and special events, but it helps to have lots of “feet on the street.”
- As a Publicity Volunteer, you help promote Opera North by getting our posters distributed around the Upper Valley – to local restaurants, businesses and community bulletin boards.
- We will supply materials (posters, stapler/thumbtacks/tape), but you will need to have transportation.
- Can be done at your leisure, 4 – 6 weeks in advance of production/event. We ask for a commitment to a geographic area and that you track where posters went.
Costumes play an important role in all of our productions. Each summer, we need to ensure our costumes are in good shape and fit the artists and the productions.
- As a Stitcher, you will work with the Costume Designer to repair, alter, and adjust costumes for the shows and artists.
- If you are handy with a sewing machine, we could use your expertise. You should have experience altering clothing and will need your own sewing machine.
- Work can be done at home, at your convenience (subject to production timelines), in mid- June to mid-August.
A great way to get involved is to help out at the performances.
- As an Usher, you can serve our patrons at Lebanon Opera House as a greeter, ticket taker and/or usher.
- If you like making people feel welcome, you will enjoy being an Usher. As an added bonus, you will get to see the show, but you need to be able to stand for 3 – 5 hours.
- Shifts start 1 hour before the performance begins.
Is there some other way you think you can help us out? Let us know, we may not have thought of it yet. For more information or to volunteer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 603-448-4141.
Pam Macy, volunteer extraordinaire, helps out at the 2016 Spring Fling Soirée at the Quechee Club.