OPERA NORTH IS SERIOUS ABOUT YOUR SAFETY AND OURS.
Please see below for key aspects of our performance plan at Blow-Me-Down Farm specific to health screenings, physical distancing, the use of face coverings, and cleaning.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
- All cast will be required to do a COVID-19 test prior to their arrival for the season.
- A trained staff member will be on site at Blow-Me-Down Farm at the start of each rehearsal or performance day to conduct screenings and wellness checks on all company members.
- Should any company member test positive, we will communicate with NH public health officials and follow their guidance. If deemed necessary, we are prepared to cancel a scheduled event.
- Patrons will be asked to not attend if they are experiencing symptoms associated with COVID-19.
- All rehearsals and performances will take place outdoors at Blow-Me-Down Farm.
- A new bandshell tent for performers—with air circulation on all sides—will accommodate a larger stage (60’x40’), allowing singers and orchestra to be spaced further apart.
- Orchestra members will be spaced 6-8’ apart.
- In the concert staging, singers will maintain physical separation of 6-8’ and will sing out towards the audience, versus into one another.
- Patrons will not be seated within 20’ of the stage.
- We will designate eight-foot circular "patron pods" on the lawn to allow for six feet of separation between patrons. Those attending in family groupings will not have to maintain the six-foot distance from their own family members. We will similarly mark out spaces for those doing the “drive in” option.
- Opera North staff and volunteers will wear face coverings on site.
- All patrons will be asked to wear face coverings while on site (except while eating).
- Singers will wear face coverings when feasible.
- Plexiglass shields will be placed in front of winds and brass players, as well as the conductor. String players will wear face coverings while playing.
- We will adhere to CDC guidelines for cleaning moderate-high touch surfaces. This includes all surfaces in the tent (chairs, music stands), public spaces in the house (if used), and port-a-potties.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizer and portable wash stations will be available throughout the site for company members and patrons.
- Port-a-potties will be spaced further apart. We will perform without an intermission to limit congestion at the port-a-potties during the events.