TECHNICAL DIRECTOR POSITION DESCRIPTION
Opera North invites applications for the position of Technical Director. Opera North, a professional, not-for-profit arts organization celebrating its 37th season.
The company is known internationally for its artists and award-winning creative teams, and its nationally-acclaimed Resident Artist Program. Each summer, the company mounts three mainstage productions, concerts in historic sites, and special events around the region.
Opera North has recently partnered with the National Park Service to create a new park for the arts on the site of the historic Blow-Me-Down Farm in Cornish, NH. Two of the company’s productions will be presented at Blow-Me-Down Farm; the third production will be presented at the Lebanon (NH) Opera House.
- Active financial management and oversight of technical expenses.
- Recruitment, scheduling and direct supervision of all crews to manage costs within the Board-approved budgets.
- Direct management of all set designs, construction, load-in, strike, load out and all technical aspects of each production and special events. Duties include overseeing every aspect of productions and special events, not limited to equipment hire, lighting rigging, focusing, sound, management, access to, and hauling/carting to and from any and all storage facilities, and Opera North’s scene shop.
- Management of set changes during rehearsals and performances.
- Acting as the liaison between the General Director, Artistic Director and all creative teams and stage management, ensuring that all productions and special events operate as conceived and required.
- Management of payroll, timesheets, and all other administrative duties related to the compensation of crew, in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal regulations.
- Attendance at all production and management meetings during the summer festival season, and as requested by management during the rest of the year.
- Performance of any and all technical and managerial duties as may be requested by the General Director or Artistic Director.
Negotiable but competitive within the required time period.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit cover letter, resume, and names of three references to Evans Haile, General Director, Opera North, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DEADLINE: February 18, 2019