Opera North continues to thrive, thanks to the dedication of volunteers. Volunteers contribute to all aspects of Opera North’s operation, and in so many ways – helping in the office, altering costumes, moving props and sets, running errands, setting up for special events, and so much more.
We are looking for volunteers in the following areas:
- As a Hospitality Volunteer, you might assist with set up and decoration of the venue before the event, serving food and beverages during the event, and clean up and break down after the event.
- If you are friendly and outgoing, and enjoy working with people to provide exceptional customer service, this is the area for you.
- Most shifts are the day of the event and require a commitment of 4 – 5 hours.
- As an Office Volunteer, you could help with filing, data entry, and preparing mailings, collating press clippings, researching, and other administrative tasks to help our office run smoothly. We also need to organize and inventory items in our office or in storage from time to time.
- If you are organized and detail-oriented, you would be a great fit in the ON office. It helps if you are computer-literate (Word, Excel) and we’d love to hear if you have any special skills (software or other).
- Shifts of varying lengths can be scheduled Monday through Friday, between 9 am and 4 pm on a one-time or recurring basis.
- As a Publicity Volunteer, you help promote Opera North by getting our posters distributed around the Upper Valley – to local restaurants, businesses and community bulletin boards.
- We will supply materials (posters, stapler/thumbtacks/tape), but you will need to have transportation.
- Can be done at your leisure, 4 – 6 weeks in advance of production/event. We ask for a commitment to a geographic area and that you track where posters went.
- As a Stitcher, you will work with the Costume Designer to repair, alter, and adjust costumes for the shows and artists.
- If you are handy with a sewing machine, we could use your expertise. You should have experience altering clothing and will need your own sewing machine.
- Work can be done at home, at your convenience (subject to production timelines), in mid- June to mid-August.
- As an Usher, you can serve our patrons at Blow-Me-Down Farm or the Lebanon Opera House as a greeter, ticket taker and/or usher.
- If you like making people feel welcome, you will enjoy being an Usher. As an added bonus, you will get to see the show, but you need to be able to stand for 3 – 5 hours.
- Shifts start 1 hour before the performance begins
Is there some other way you think you can help us out? Let us know, we may not have thought of it yet. For more information or to volunteer, please email email@example.com or call 603-448-4141.